Declaring His Truth
for HIS Glory
and Not Our Own
– Our Blessed Opportunity to Get Real with Jesus –
Are you being taught to use “God” to get what YOU want? Is the god you are serving nothing more than a cosmic bellboy relegated to jumping and running to fulfill your confession? Who’s in control, YOU or the Almighty?
***ARE YOU a true disciple of Jesus, learning to die to your self and be crucified to sin and this fleeting world daily ORRRRR are you a selfish, bless me club, pleasure-loving idolater who follows Word of Faith wolves, vainly confessing you are “blessed” while you defy Christ and His Word which calls you to die to yourself and serve Him and others? Do you walk around saying “I’m blessed” instead of “Jesus Christ is LORD and He died to ransom our wicked souls from sin and damnation”? Is it time that you repented and got really saved?
“And they that are Christ’s HAVE crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.” Galatians 5:24
Jesus said to die to self – to deny yourself!
“And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.” Luke 9:23-24
Do you believe that “Death and life are in the power of the tongue”? (Prov. 18:20-21)
What should we do to obey God concerning what He told us in this statement? Shall we use this verse to “exploit” Him who gave us this truth – to use it as a tool to get things out of Him? Should we employ this truth for His glory or for our own benefit?
“I die daily.” 1 Corinthians 15:31
Instead of confessing things that may further embellish our selfish, greedy, fruitless, covetous Laodicean lives, why not confess over and into our lives what the Bible tells us and from a disposition of humility and brokenness? Why not obey the LORD by confessing ourselves on the cross where the self-serving must be nailed that His resurrection life might raise us up? Shall we profess with our lips He gave us that we are on the cross (crucified with Christ) instead of seeking to reign as kings over our own destiny and rulers on the throne of our own hearts?
The authentic disciple’s confession of God’s Word could go something like this (feel free to declare these as you read over them):
- I can do nothing at all of eternal and divine benefit outside of what is accomplished by Christ through my laid down life (Jn. 15:5; Gal. 2:20).
- Father in Heaven, You promised it would happen to me, so I choose to embrace suffering, persecutions, ridicule, chastening, trials, tribulations, and mocking, for loving, declaring, and worshiping my LORD and Savior Jesus Christ (Matt. 10:22; 24:10-13; 2 Tim. 3:12; James 1:2-4).
- I am dead and my life is hid with Christ in God (Col. 3:3).
- LORD Jesus, You must increase but I must decrease (Jn. 3:30).
- I am not my own but bought with the price of Christ’s holy blood (1 Cor. 6:19-20).
- I am a new creature in Christ and have been purchased by the very precious blood of my LORD Jesus, I now henceforth live to please Him and not myself (2 Cor. 5:15).
- Not my will but rather Thine be done Father! (Lk. 22:42).
- Thank You Father for every breath and blessing You grant me in this life. Every good and every perfect gift comes from You (Heb. 13:1-6; James 1:18).
- I will beware of and stay clear of covetousness because my significance is not based on what I possess materially or financially in this world (Lk. 12:15). I now choose to avoid and even openly expose any person in leadership who through false teaching feeds the lusts that Christ commanded to be crucified (Rom. 16:17-18; 2 Tim. 4:3-4).
- I abide this day thankful and content in knowing You who are my exceeding great reward (Gen. 15:1; Phil. 4:11)
- I think it not strange concerning the fiery trials which are to try me for worshiping and serving my LORD and Savior Jesus Christ. Such persecution and testing and trials clearly testify that the spirit of glory and of God rests upon my life by His grace (1 Pet. 4:12-14).
- As a follower of Jesus Christ, I choose to deny myself and not feed the depraved fleshly/sinful nature, and to rather glorify You LORD by doing Your will and not my own (Lk. 9:23-24).
- My body was made to glorify God and not to fornicate in any manner (1 Thess. 4:1-8).
- I choose to deliberately study, learn, meditate upon, and memorize God’s Word and live it out beginning this hour, serving You and others LORD and not myself (Josh. 1:8; Prov. 4:4; Jn. 5:39; 2 Tim. 2:15; 3:16, 17).
- I choose to become learned in God’s Word and to cease being a slothful and ignorant person who does not understand the very God I claim to love (Ps. 119; 2 Tim. 2:15; 3:16-17).
- Thank You for finding, saving me, and blessing me to know You (Jer. 9:23-24; Jn. 17:3).
- Thank You for blessing my life to be conformed to the image of Your Son, being made conformable to His death (Phil. 3:10).
- I praise You LORD Jesus for blessing me with Your wisdom to not lean to my own understanding but in all my thoughts and ways to acknowledge Your Word and the leading of Your Spirit in all things (Prov. 3:5-6).
- I love You LORD Jesus! (Matt. 22:37-40)
- This moment I denounce all self-idolatry and begin to worship You LORD Jesus in spirit and in truth! (Exod. 20:3-5; 1 Jn. 5:20-21)
- In realizing that the command of Jesus is to give up all or to lose out, I joyfully obey Him by releasing my whole being and existence (past, present and future) into Your infinite hands. I gladly release myself fully to You, the One who made me, and sent Your only begotten Son to be pierced for my sins and salvation (Lk. 14:33; 23:46; Acts 20:28).
- Joyfully and in utter gratitude I give up all rights to my own life that Christ may reign in and through this vessel (1 Cor. 6:19-20).
- I am a servant of Jesus Christ and He is my identity (Gal. 6:14; 1 Cor. 2:2).
- From this moment forward, I am crucified with Christ, dead to this sinful world and the wolves who have taught me to serve myself using Your Word LORD (Gal. 2:20).
- I will not allow any mere man, namely a leader, to take precedence over my worship, affection, obedience, and love for Jesus Christ my nail-scarred risen Savior and LORD.
- In obedience to Jesus Christ my LORD and Savior, I choose to arise early and seek His face in prayer communion and Bible study (Ps. 5:3; Mk. 1:35).
- From now on, when studying His Word, I will seek His face, begging God to break me, and anoint me to be crucified with Christ.
- I from this day forward choose to die to the self-life and begin to follow Christ in lifting up others above myself (Phil. 2:3-5).
- I will obey the LORD by scheduling in times of fasting and prayer in seeking His holy face in earnest for His will to be accomplished in His body, Jerusalem, this nation, my family, the fellowship gathering I am a part of, and my life (Isa. 58).
- I will moment by moment commune with the truth/Word and allow it to direct my every thought and step in this life (Ps. 15:2; 19:14; 119:105).
- In obedience, I now begin to move into communicating the Gospel of Jesus, building up and praying for the saints of Christ, and discipling others by teaching them all things the LORD gave us in His holy Word (Matt. 28:18-20; Col. 4:2, 12; Philemon 1:6-7).
- I will be ashamed no more. I refuse to be one who claims to know Jesus Christ and doesn’t even know why I believe what I claim to believe. I will move on toward perfection (maturity) by laying down my life daily and learning the elementary teachings of Christ and building upon that foundational knowledge (Rom. 1:16; 2 Tim. 2:15; Heb. 6:1-3).
- I will use the tongue God gave me to glorify Him and not myself. He’s in control, not me. I will use the tongue He gave me to preach His Word to others that they might be saved from sin and eternal damnation. Please use me Jesus, I’m all Yours.
- I will also use my tongue in obedience to the LORD to mark the greed-driven, evil wolves who I allowed to mislead me to worship self and not Christ the only Savior and LORD (Rom. 16:17-18).
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue”? (Prov. 18:20-21) Instead of using this biblical truth/principle to gratify self by seeking to bring more fleeting material goods to benefit our own self-serving agenda, why not use it to truly and humbly submit our lives genuinely under the mighty hand of God, in submission to the lordship of Christ Jesus?
In reflecting upon the heretical Word of Faith teachers and teachings, I am reminded of what the Holy Ghost reminded us of in 2 Peter 2:
“But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.” 2 Peter 2:1-3
If we embrace Bible truth, we will soon find ourselves seeking the LORD for ourselves and ridding our lives of the voices of evil wolves in leadership positions, even the slew of false teachers who have defied the LORD and led us astray via their false teaching. According to the biblical warning and revelation, false prophets lead people to worship at the altar of self and are bringing judgment upon us and this nation (Isa. 5:24; 9:16; Rev. 2:14). The Joel Osteen’s and Creflo Dollar’s of the world are monster deceivers in the eyes of a holy God and whose “damnation slumbereth not.” (2 Pet. 2:1-3) That’s right, the Word of the LORD tells us that these men are not only not “nice, well-meaning, just misled men.” No, look at what the Bible says of these leaders who are betraying the LORD by leading His precious flock into eternal perdition:
“His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber. Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter. Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink (intoxicating doctrines); and tomorrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant (no judgment is coming is their attitude).” Isaiah 56:10-12
“(For MANY walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the ENEMIES of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction (hell), whose God is their belly (carnal appetites), and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)” Philippians 3:18-19
For more on this topic, read the following chapters which are intentionally divinely inspired for the purpose of helping His saints identify and avoid wolves who don sheep’s clothing: Jeremiah 23; Ezek. 34; Matt. 23; 2 Pet. 2-3; Jude; Rev. 2-3. Deceivers & False Prophets Among Us
It’s time to cut off the false teachers of our day who have led us to believe that we are “little gods” and by thinking and confessing all the right things we can order our own world, determine our own destiny, procure to ourselves whatever WE so desire, and do all of this without intimacy with Jesus Christ according to His full counsel purpose (Prov. 19:27). They have led millions to believe they can use God’s Word against Him and that He (the Almighty God) is forced or obligated to do whatever we confess in faith. Can you believe this? Though they try to cleverly mask it, that’s exactly what their diabolical theology boils down to.
Beware! This is a deadly and arsenic lie beloved. Who in the world ever convinced you that Jesus Christ came and died on a wooden cross so you could use His own words for your own selfish gain? This is the antichrist antithesis of the message of the Holy Bible and will end in ultimate destruction for those who are led astray by it. These men/women and their teachings lead people to build up what Jesus commanded to be crucified. Jesus came to die in our place – for our sin – and called us to follow Him in laying down our lives in obedience to Him. Anyone who freely chooses not to obey His clear command does not know Him and will not be with Him eternally (Mk. 8:34-38; Lk. 9:23-24; 14:33).
PRAYER: Father in Heaven, I announce my utter spiritual poverty and hopelessness without You! According to Your command, I approach Your sheer mercy and through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, am asking You to forgive me for serving myself instead of You and even using Your own Word to justify such evil. I now denounce self-idolatry. Jesus please cleanse me from such wickedness and wash away all my sins afresh. Please begin building Your true and eternal kingdom in my heart and life and use me to help others in the same. Into Your hands I now commend my spirit. I am not my own but rather bought by Your holy blood and surrendered to Your divine purpose for my life as You gave me in Your holy Word. Father, not my own will but Thine be done in this life You gave! I love You Jesus! Amen.
LET’S LEARN GOD’S WORD TOGETHER – ONE TRUTH AT A TIME: This message was sent out to each person who is on our Moments For My Master email devotional list. We would love to add you and have the privilege of nourishing your heart with God’s Word (1 Tim. 4:6). Sign up here.
“People do not know Jesus. He said that anything we ask he would do, but he was saying that to those who were truly his sheep. His sheep have the mind of Christ and do not ask things that are outside his will, and because of that he will do anything they ask him. But those who take advantage of this saying, and believe they can have faith and money will show up at their door so they can sin and increase their greed are deceived. There are no magic words in Jesus. I can say I declare that I am the emperor of the United States, that doesn’t mean it will happen.” Braden T.
“Let’s declare ‘I will live a holy life, hate sin and fear the Lord.’” David C.