(Duplication encouraged. An open King James Bible should accompany your study of this topic. Carefully, prayerfully study each verse given in order to answer each question correctly. Print this document out and pencil in the answers in the blanks provided. It may be best to cut and paste it to your word processing software and then print it out. Your life in Christ will be enriched forever as you embrace and put into practice His Word.)
“Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.” Matthew 9:38
God so loved the whole world that He graciously gave His only begotten Son to take our place on Calvary’s cross “while we were yet sinners.” (Rom. 5:8) He then raised Christ from the dead for our justification (Rom. 4:25). “We love him, because he first loved us.” (1 John 4:19) Divine love gives and indwells all true believers who then reach out to those who don’t yet know Him – evangelism. “Because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.” (Rom. 5:5)
Jesus Christ, the eternal Creator and Sustainer of all things, left Heaven where He existed from eternity past as the eternal Word (Jn. 1:1-3). He left behind the glory and splendor of His Father to be born in the flesh, live a perfect life, conduct a 3.5 year ministry, die on a wooden cross, be buried and resurrected 3 days later. His one sacrifice completely satisfied the claims of the Father’s justice to fully redeem mankind (Jn. 19:30; Heb. 10:12, etc.). He came to save the alienated and otherwise helpless race that He had created (Rom. 5:6,8). The Son of God came to this sinful earth on a Heavenly mission of mercy – to rescue all of us from our sinful and lost state which separated us from the holiness of God.
1. Why do you personally believe that a Christian would desire to help others learn about and experience a personal relationship
2. To whom does the LORD give the power and right to become sons of God? John 1:12
3. How has God ordained that the people of the world hear the Gospel? Romans 10:14, 15
Simply put, a “preacher” is a proclaimer or one who declares a message. Every believer is instructed by the One they have believed upon unto salvation, to be a communicator of the Gospel.
4. What was the apostle Paul’s wish for Philemon (a Christian brother)? Philemon 1:6
“That _____________________________________________ may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.” Philemon 1:6
The apostle Paul was here exhorting Philemon to communicate the “faith” and that such would “become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.”
5. How is it that we are to first communicate the Gospel? What component of the Word of God paves the way for sinners to be brought to salvation in Christ? Galatians 3:24
6. What is the law called in Galatians 3:24?
7. What does the law or “schoolmaster” do? Galatians 3:24
8. So, what is it that brings us to Christ?
9. Is the law good? 1 Timothy 1:8
10. Who is the law made for? 1 Timothy 1:8-11 KJV
But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous
man, but for the __________ and __________, for the __________ and for __________, for __________ and __________,
for __________ of fathers and __________ of mothers, for __________, For __________, for them that
__________________ with mankind, for ______________, for __________, for __________ persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust. 1 Timothy 1:8-11
11. According to the Gospel, is the law to be used to show sinners the exceeding wickedness of their sinfulness and separation from the only true God who is holy? 1 Timothy 1:11___________________
12. Go to Romans 7:12 and complete this verse: “Wherefore the ______ is ______, and the commandment ______, and ______, and ______.”
Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment (law) might become exceeding sinful. Romans 7:12-13
God’s holy law magnifies the sinfulness of men with it’s razor sharp holy edge. Concerning God’s law, Charles Spurgeon said:
“I do not believe that any man can preach the gospel who does not preach the law. The law is the needle. You cannot draw the silken thread of the gospel through a man’s heart unless you first send the needle of the law to make a way for it. If men do not understand the law, they’ll not feel that they are sinners. If they are not consciously sinners, they will never value the sin offering. There is no healing a man until the law has wounded him. No making alive until the law has slain him.”
So, when evangelizing, always remember that God’s law, namely the 10 Commandments (see Exodus 20), is to be used first and foremost to bring sinners to realize their unholy state and separation from their holy Maker.
“…by the law is the knowledge of sin.” Romans 3:20
“I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.” Romans 7:7
Sin defined: “…sin is the transgression of the law.” 1 John 3:4
One must be made aware of his own lost state before he will realize his utter need to be forgiven. Only the holy law of the LORD can bring sinners to such a place.
“The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.” Psalms 19:7
13. What comes to the humble hearts who hear and receive the truth of God? Romans 10:17
14. Why did Jesus Christ come to the earth? Luke 19:10
In Luke 19:10 also notice the phrase “that which was lost”. When the first man Adam sinned, he lost his fellowship with God. This caused the whole human race to be born in sin (Romans 5:12). The mission of Jesus was to bridge the gap again between God and man. He was entirely successful (Is. 59:2; Rom. 6:23; Jn. 19:30; Rev. 1:18).
Jesus came to reconcile us to the Father and commission the reconciled by giving “to us the ministry of reconciliation.” (2 Cor. 5:18)
15. What is it that should constrain/compel us as the redeemed (bought back) of the LORD? 2 Corinthians 5:14
16. Write out 2 Corinthians 5:15:
“Have you no desire for others to be saved, then you are not saved yourself, you can be sure of that.” Charles Spurgeon
17. What ministry has the LORD committed to those who are saved?
2 Corinthians 5:18 ________________________________________________________
18. Who are we “ambassadors” for? 2 Corinthians 5:20
19. Who are said to be “bold as a lion”? Proverbs 28:1
20. What did the early Church pray earnestly for? Acts 4:29
21. Did Jesus suggest or command all disciples to preach the Gospel? Mark 16:15
Notice that Christ did not command His disciples to wait until they felt real good, led, or obtained a college degree, then to go preach, but rather to simply “Go” and “preach”. He promises to be with us “confirming the word with signs following.” (Mk. 16:15-20)
22. Where did the Lord tell His disciples to go preach? Mark 16:15
23. Where did Jesus tell them to start? Acts 1:8
The LORD commands all of His disciples to be filled with the Holy Ghost to be endued with power to bear witness of Him. He then instructs them to start sharing the Good News right where they are and move out from there. Notice the sequence of towns the early believers were told to witness in, “Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” When Jesus was speaking these words to His followers, they were in Jerusalem. First, He instructed them to proclaim the Gospel right where they were (Jerusalem), then to move out to the surrounding cities, and then to the “uttermost parts of the earth.” Read this verse again and notice this start where you are, and move out from there principle that Jesus taught. Beloved, if we don’t communicate the Good News to those around us, who will?
(for more concerning the baptism of the Holy Spirit, see the Study Guide titled ‘Holy Ghost Baptism’ at SafeGuardYourSoul.com )
24. When commissioning His disciples to declare the Gospel, who did the LORD say would be with them always, even till the end of the world? Matthew 28:18-20
The word “commission” denotes that there are two or more people involved in one mission – co-mission. The believer is not alone when he goes, Jesus is with us at all times. – “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.” (Matt. 28:18-20)
The Father sent the Son, and Jesus sent the Holy Spirit who indwells us, to lead and empower His people in communicating His Word of life.
25. As “Jesus went about all the cities and villages” what did He do? Matthew 9:35
26. What was Jesus “moved with” when He saw the great needs of the people? Matthew 9:36
The power of love. “Charity never faileth.” 1 Corinthians 13:8
27. After seeing the multitudes of people who needed the Shepherd, what statement did Jesus make? Matthew 9:37
28. Are there many or few souls who can be harvested into the kingdom of God? Matthew 9:35-38
29. How did Jesus say that we are to pray concerning the harvest of souls that is to be reaped? Matthew 9:38
Doesn’t Matthew 9:38 identify an important item that should be on every believer’s daily prayer list?
30. Did Jesus say to wait a while, or to go reap the harvest? John 4:35
Do you truly desire to be a true and fruitful disciple of Christ? If so, then you must be willing to obey His command to be filled with His Holy Spirit, communicate His Word, and go and reap the harvest. In this verse Jesus refutes the waiting, procrastinating mentality. There is no reason to wait “the fields; for they are white already to harvest.” There are people in our vicinity who need His love today. The LORD will return soon and all who will be with Him should be found with their hand on the plow, reaping His harvest. (Luke 9:61-62)
Read John 4:35 again. Notice the phrase “Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.” To “lift up your eyes” means to open the eyes of your heart to the reality of souls that Jesus wants to rescue from eternal hell! The expression “look on the fields” means to look from the LORD’s perspective and beyond selfish needs into the needs of others, in this case, the unsaved. To “look” is to realize the needs of the hurting of this world. The hurting include all who are without Christ, whether religious, rich, poor, black, white, brown, red, or yellow.
31. What does the LORD see as He looks down from Heaven upon the earth and into the hearts of those created in His image? Proverbs 15:11
“_____________________________________________ are before the LORD: how much more then the
32. If any person (regardless of what he professes) is ashamed of Jesus and His words, what will happen when He returns? Mark 8:38
33. What happens when a believer “draws back”? Hebrews 10:38
34. Will soul winners receive rewards from God in eternity? John 4:34-36
The true disciples of Jesus will be greatly rewarded with premiums that will never lose their value in the eternal kingdom of God. To win souls to Christ is to lay up timeless treasures and to make wise and eternal investments. In the LORD your labor is not in vain, God is an eternal rewarder of those who diligently seek and serve Him (1 Corinthians 15:58; Hebrews 6:10, 11:6; Matt. 10:42).
35. In eternity, who did the LORD say would “shine” with “brightness…as the stars for ever and ever”? Daniel 12:3
36. While on earth, what was Jesus’ “meat”? John 4:34
Christ’s priority was to please His Father in the redemption mission that He was sent on. It consumed Him (Ps. 40:7-10). The true sustenance of this life is to do God’s will and accomplish that which He sent us here for.
37. What “meat” did Jesus command His disciples not to labor for? John 6:27
“The meat which perisheth” refers to the temporal things of this fleeting life. Beware of the things of this world which can steal the affections of your heart. Beware of local churches which care nothing for evangelism but only to perpetuate their own existence while the world goes to hell. Friend of God, we should be very discerning, prayerful and careful concerning being entangled with doctrines that rob our hearts of pure and fervent love for Jesus and the spreading of His holy Gospel. Many today are being drawn away from the work of the Gospel they are called to with frivolous teachings which cater to the flesh while enticing and fostering idolatry and covetousness – inward focus (Phil. 3:17-21; 2 Pet. 2:1-3). Instead of presenting the clear teachings of Jesus Christ, Satan is using many “leaders” to misdirect the focus of the LORD’s people and cause them to be unfruitful in the kingdom of God (1 Tim. 4:1-6; 2 Tim. 3:1-5). The true Gospel of Jesus Christ causes one to love God supremely and to love his neighbor as himself. This includes obeying the command of the Master to love thy neighbor by communicating the Good News to him in lifestyle, testimony, or presentation of Scripture in written or spoken form. The Gospel causes men to love and obey God in simplicity and in truth.
38. What kind of “meat” did Jesus instruct His followers to labor for? John 6:27
By faith you must see that God is laying up eternal treasures for you as you obey the LORD Jesus.
39. What will determine reward amounts received? 1 Corinthians 3:8
40. What are some prerequisites for being a faithful soul winner? Psalms 51:7-13 (Read v13 first.)
41. What did Jesus say was the “seed”? Luke 8:11
42. What does a farmer do with seeds?
43. If the farmer doesn’t plant his seeds, will he still have a harvest? (circle one)
The “seed” of salvation (God’s Word) must be planted within the hearts of people if there is going to be a harvest of salvation. This can be done/communicated in any number of ways.
44. Did God promise that His eternal Word would be productive? Isaiah 55:11
45. When spoken, what will God’s Word accomplish? Isaiah 55:11
46. How is “he which soweth bountifully” going to “reap”? 2 Corinthians 9:6
Evangelism is sometimes tough, but always remember that it was greater pain than we’ll ever know for our Savior to suffer and die on the cross for the sins of the world. Read Hebrews 12:1-4 and 1 Peter 4:1, 2. There are times when the enemy and your own mind are going to attempt to cast doubt upon the effect of your witnessing. We should evermore live by the unchanging Word of God and not our fickle and temporal feelings. Beloved, be encouraged and do not waver, but persevere and “endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.”(2 Timothy 2:3). The LORD is doing a work in and through His children and all Gospel work will be rewarded.
47. What is involved in the process of winning souls? What do we observe men to be doing in this process? 1 Corinthians 3:6
To obtain the harvest of salvation the seed of salvation must first be planted and watered. The Word of God teaches us that a constant flow of the Gospel is going forth in the earth. One is planting, another is watering and God is bringing the increase of salvation (1 Corinthians 3:6). As a member of the Body of Christ, we are called to do our part. Satan is going to try to discourage us. He hates the truth that is being spread, because it is setting free those he has blinded and captured with his devious lies (John 8:31, 32). Press on beloved. You are a messenger of the Almighty Creator of this universe. Your God owns this earth and has commissioned you to share His message with the people that He loves (Psalms 24:1). We go forth under His authority. Boldly share the unchanging truth, the Gospel, that makes men free from sin, the devil, and eternal hell. Let’s proclaim liberty to the captives.
48. When the Word of God is planted and watered within the hearts of men, who is it that brings the increase? 1 Corinthians 3:6
49. What is the Word of God within you called? 2 Corinthians 4:7
50. What did Paul command Timothy to preach? 2 Timothy 4:2
As a disciple of Jesus it is of the utmost importance that you simply proclaim the truth of God’s Word, letting God’s Word convict and draw men to Him. All opinion and religious thought, not yet purged, must die. Fill your heart and mind with the eternal Word of God daily. Be prepared to share His truth with the souls that you come in contact with.
51. Did God tell Ezekiel the prophet to stop preaching if no one listened and obeyed? Ezekiel 2:6, 7
God has never promised that all who hear would be saved, but this does not remove the responsibility of the Body of Christ to proclaim His truth.
52. In this dark world of sin, what blazing torch does God instruct His disciples to hold forth as they work out their salvation with fear and trembling? Philippians 2:12-16
53. Concerning soul winning, what did Paul charge Timothy to do in his earthly walk with God? 2 Timothy 4:5
54. Who is it that is truly walking in divine wisdom? Proverbs 11:30
55. What two entities in the earth right now are calling sinners into the kingdom of God? Revelation 22:17
56. As a disciple of Jesus, how often should you be ready to help others come to know God’s truth and love? 1 Peter 3:15
57. What is it that will enable the disciple of Jesus to be able to answer critics of God and His kingdom? Psalms 119:42
58. According to Psalms 107:2, what is God’s instruction to you as a redeemed child of God?
We should pray to our Heavenly Father daily to open doors to tell others about Him. We are instructed to pray for laborers and be one ourselves (Matt. 9:38). Let’s pray that He would send forth laborers into His harvest. Proclaim His goodness at every possible opportunity. Ask Him for boldness. Remember that “The righteous are bold as a lion.” Proverb 28:1
Will you pray and obey? Please take a minute to search your heart before answering this all-important question. Repent of any previous hardness of heart and disobedience. Ask the Lord Jesus to cleanse your heart of all rebellion and to grant you a fiery zeal to proclaim His truth in love.
NOW IS A GOOD TIME FOR YOU TO BEGIN TO PRAYERFULLY EMPLOY DIFFERENT METHODS TO REACH PEOPLE WITH THE GOOD NEWS. IDEAS: SHARE GOD’S WORD AND YOUR PERSONAL TESTIMONY WITH OTHERS. USE GOSPEL TRACTS – ALWAYS HAVE THEM ON HAND. PUT A TRACT IN ALL ENVELOPES THAT YOU SEND OUT. PLACE THEM ANYWHEREPEOPLE WILL FIND THEM. GIVE THEM DIRECTLY TO PEOPLE. NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT A GOOD SUPPLY OF GOSPEL TRACTS. WRITE LETTERS TO FRIENDS AND INCLUDE SCRIPTURES, TRACTS, AND/OR YOUR TESTIMONY. THE LIST GOES ON. JUST USE YOUR GOD-GIVEN RESOURCES AND WATCH HIS BLESSING BEGIN TO FLOW.
CHALLENGE ESSAY ASSIGNMENT:
In 250 words or more, detail the ways that the Word of God should be incorporated into the daily life of the believer. (Tips for your essay’s content: study, performance, prayer, warfare, proclaiming, meditating upon, memorizing, etc). Search the Scriptures as your source for this essay and use Scripture and references to validate your statements. Begin with deep and prayerful meditation on God’s Word. Write your essay neatly and in an organized manner.
SCRIPTURE MEMORIZATION: Mark 16:15
It would be very advantageous for you to cross reference all of the Scriptures in this study. For example, pencil in each topically similar verse into the margin next to the corresponding verses on this same subject. Write out these verses with references on index cards – make it a priority to carry and post them where you will study and meditate upon them. These two measures will build in you a wealth of truth on each topic. This will help you to retain and become resourceful in the Word of God – ready to be used of Him. Capture the knowledge that you have learned, don’t let it slip away from you.
Capitalize on your efforts. This is preparation in earnest (2 Timothy 2:21).
Sign up for free email devotional HERE… The Moments with My Master email devotional is sent out for the edification of the body of Christ.
STOP SINNING? Really? WHEN?
Beware of Dogs [podcast]
Which One of these Two Represents You?
“All the Trees of the Field Shall Clap their Hands” [podcast]
“Jesus has been too Good for Me to Lose Faith in Him!” ~ Derek
501(C)(3) Churches Exposed [video]
On Predestination By John Wesley
Christ Jesus “Gave Himself a RANSOM for All”
Den of Thieves! Embezzlement in the Church!
Following Christ’s Great Commission Command [podcast]
WHEN PARENTS GET OLD …
Daily Prayer Guide
Repentance and Fruit
The Dynamic Prayer Life of Epaphras: Life Changing Prayer Nugget!!!! [podcast]
501(C)(3) Churches Exposed [video]
The Day of the Lord so Cometh as a Thief in the Night [podcast]
MUST-WATCH! Wise VIRGINS *SETTLED at His Feet* Todd Tomasella [video]
Simple Church: The House Church
Daily Prayer Guide
Resurrection Grace [podcast]
Risen with Christ [podcast]
IS Salvation ETERNAL?
Answered Prayer? WHY?
The God-Fearing Man
Kindness is a Soul Winning Weapon
Den of Thieves! Embezzlement in the Church!
Satan’s First Teaching [podcast]
The Only Way Up is Down [podcast]
STOP SINNING? Really? WHEN?
America3 years ago
The Drugging of America: The Pharmakeia Sorcery Deception [podcast]
Articles3 years ago
Children being Rescued in Tunnels: Happening Now
Articles5 years ago
Self-Examination in Preparation for the Lord’s Return
Apostasy5 years ago
SHOCKING List of False Prophets Most Believe are True