“I’ve got a question for you what is this thing with decreeing? Somehow this doesn’t settle right with me. It’s almost like telling God instead of asking. I’ve never really understood it. Can you help me out with that?” Cat J.
Decreeing is often misused by WOF (Word of Faith) wolves and their deceived followers. Whole books and teaching series are done on this one verse to the exclusion of the Bible text they are lifting it out of. This is typical of the false teachers of the Word of Faith movement. The following passage from which they siphon out this verse, is filled with blessed conditions that are ignored by those who grab verse 28 out and do not acknowledge the conditions of this passage. The experience of true, abiding, intimate fellowship and relationship with Christ is found throughout this passage (Job 22:21- 30; John 15:1-7, 16). Let’s look at this verse and its context:
“Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee.
22 Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart.
23 If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles.
24 Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold of Ophir as the stones of the brooks.
25 Yea, the Almighty shall be thy defence, and thou shalt have plenty of silver.
26 For then shalt thou have thy delight in the Almighty, and shalt lift up thy face unto God.
27 Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he shall hear thee, and thou shalt pay thy vows.
28 Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.
29 When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up; and he shall save the humble person.
30 He shall deliver the island of the innocent: and it is delivered by the pureness of thine hands.
- In following the very divine reason and purpose man was created – to know our Maker – we read here that we are to be acquainted intimately with Him (v21). See John 17:3; Philippians 3:10, etc.)
- First we receive of the law or Word of His mouth – the written Word (v22).
- Then we respond by return or turning afresh and fully to Him, releasing our lives to Him in the now/present (v23).
- God will provide (v24).
- He will protect us and provide for His children (v25).
- There will be delight and fellowship with Him (v26).
- You will be in an abiding relationship with Him and therefore your prayers through Christ will be heard and answered (v27).
- Since you are abiding intimate with Christ, He will lead you at times to speak forth things that will be answered and done by Him such as Jesus instructed to speak to that obstacle or mountain (v28; Mark 11:22-24).
- (This is no license to act as our own “little god” who orders our own worlds by what we speak.)
- We will be equipped to restore and to see God’s healing brought to people’s lives. Souls will be saved and saved saints will be blessed, prepared, supplied, and discipled (v29).
- Jesus says the “pure in heart” shall see God and seeing God means seeing His blessings of deliverance and prosperity of every sort (v30; Matthew 5:8, etc.).
Many false teachers today seek to lift this verse out of its own context and refuse to keep it in context with what the whole of Scripture states about this topic. We were forewarned of these wolves who are greedy and covetous idolaters who are making merchandise of the people they are misleading (2 Peter 2:1-3).
There are many things that are intentionally refused by the greed mongers of today in this beautiful book of Job. The book of Job also states things like:
“Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.” Job 13:15
To their own destruction and that of their gullible followers, these vile and venomous wolves isolate certain verses to the exclusion of what the whole of God’s Word states. Such omissions are a clue to the mind control (witchcraft) they are wielding over their audiences.
WE DON’T control God or our own life. Though He made us with the power of decision, He’s in control, not us (Deuteronomy 30:19; Joshua 24:15, etc.). Seeking to control things is clearly witchcraft (Galatians 5:19-21). It’s self-elevation instead of self denial and is luciferic (Isaiah 14:12-15). This is New Age, pagan, and humanism. It’s not biblical. In the New Testament we see no such example of a lawless, cross-rejecting, heresy-embracing, Christ-denying, self-loving people other than when He’s warning of those who are apostate (have departed from the faith).
Did Jesus say we could speak to the mountains in our lives? Yes, and yet Christ said a whole lot more than that, most of which is being purposely dodged and ignored by those who simply and greedily wish to use God to get things for themselves (Mark 11:22-24).
Here’s encouraging Audio on this very topic: Acquaint Thyself with God
Sign up for free email devotional HERE… The Moments with My Master email devotional is sent out for the edification of the body of Christ.